Self-care – There are so many ways of being proactively engaged with our health, from washing our hands to going out to smell the rain, taking a walk or a bike ride, cleaning our closet, or accessing online free offerings for yoga, meditation, inspirational or spiritual talks, or reaching out and helping someone who may be in need of a little extra kindness. But also... Learn to extend kindness to yourself. Check Kristin Neff's video on Learning Self-Compassion
Gratitude – How do we practice “Random Kindness”?
Think of all the folks out there who are making our daily life possible, the doctors and nurses, firefighters, pharmacists, etc. Think of all those who have it harder than you. Ask your grocery clerk how they are doing today. Smile at someone. Practice a “senseless act of beauty” here and there, without needing to take credit for it.
Mindfulness – There are many teachers to choose from online.
* If you are new at this and looking to establish a meditation practice – in less than 15 min a day, this 40-day online program offers a short daily session in mindfulness and compassion that includes both a guided meditation and a teaching on a key point of practice.
* Spirit Rock’s programs offered solely online right now, are available on a $0-$1008 sliding scale basis. This includes retreats, classes, day retreats, and more. Give it a try! See the calendar here (including weekly sitting groups and Drop-In Programs)
* An easy introduction to Jack Kornfield with a 20mn video from the 10 percent happier Live program A bit more of an in-depth conversation between Jack Kornfield and Dan Siegel on Why Be Here Now And an in-depth look at our shadow
* Free access to Tara Brach’s course Mindfulness for Anxiey and Sleep: Learn Practices that Help Reduce Stress and Calm Fears;
And a talk by Tara on Radical Self-Honesty: The Joy of Getting Real
* Rick Hanson, who has become one of my mentors over the past 10 years, has many available lectures on YouTube (e.g., Feeling Loved ) He also offers a free guided meditation, talk and discussion online, starting at 6pm every Wednesday evening